We are so excited to bring you a truly sustainable sunglass brand that has flattering and timeless designs. Pala Eyewear does A LOT of good, we recommend you check out their website for even more info but here is a small blurb from their website:
"We are on a journey towards a sustainable fashion future. We want to protect our planet, and to do this we need to make our designs as sustainable as possible. This season we are continuing to innovate, offering both recycled acetate (made using otherwise binned factory offcuts) and bio-based designs."
They also give back!: "For every pair of sunglasses sold, we give back to eye-care programmes in Africa by providing grants to vision centres, dispensaries and screening."
"Things don’t stop there. We work alongside a Ghanaian-based NGO to support weaving communities to make our protective sunglasses cases. Woven using traditional methods utilising otherwise wasted plastic, we provide a trade and an income to help them empower themselves whilst upholding tradition (and recycling as we go!)."
- Our Mzuri Sunglasses frame is all about dimensions. With her dramatic size, this glamorous oversize cat-eye sunglasses frame guarantees you great coverage and vintage styling in the sun. wearable glamour at its absolute finest. Made with more sustainable bio-acetate that is certified biodegradable
- Pala gives to vision projects across Africa for every pair sold
- Plant-based frame draws on more renewable resources
- Microfiber bag made from 70% recycled PET bottles
- More eco-friendly lenses (39% plant resin)
- Recycled case from waste plastic and water sachets
- Packaging FSC approved or recycled and is recyclable
- Small batch production to minimise waste
Photos and descriptions by Pala Eyewear