We are so excited to bring you a truly sustainable sunglass brand that has flattering and timeless designs. Pala Eyewear does A LOT of good, we recommend you check out their website for even more info but here is a small blurb from their website:
"We are on a journey towards a sustainable fashion future. We want to protect our planet, and to do this we need to make our designs as sustainable as possible. This season we are continuing to innovate, offering both recycled acetate (made using otherwise binned factory offcuts) and bio-based designs."
They also give back!: "For every pair of sunglasses sold, we give back to eye-care programmes in Africa by providing grants to vision centres, dispensaries and screening."
"Things don’t stop there. We work alongside a Ghanaian-based NGO to support weaving communities to make our protective sunglasses cases. Woven using traditional methods utilising otherwise wasted plastic, we provide a trade and an income to help them empower themselves whilst upholding tradition (and recycling as we go!)."
Baobab in Cinnamon
The perfect day to day adventure companion, the Baobab is a classic round design with a hint of retro styling. This popular frame is eminently wearable for most face types, making it a fail-safe choice without blending into the crowd. In a standout amber colourway with bottle green Grilamid lenses.
- Batch 1: limited to 30 frames
- Handmade in Italy out of family run workshop
- Bio-acetate frame certified 100% bio-degradable
- High quality, more eco-friendly lenses (39% plant resin)
- Scratch resistant + 100% blocking of harmful UV rays
- Soft microfiber bag to protect and clean you lens
- Hand woven recycled case from Bolgatanga, Ghana
- Pala gives back to vision projects for every pair sold
Photos and descriptions by Pala Eyewear